Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year will be open from
November 15, 2014 - April 1, 2015
Students and Parents: Click below to log into the Scholarship America Dollars for Scholars Student Center to apply, submit additional information or review your application status.
LADO scholarships are provided specifically to help Rhode Island Undergraduate Latino students planning to pursue a higher education. The information on your student profile will enable us to determine your eligibility to receive a scholarship.
- Applicants must be Rhode Island Residents
- Accepted or enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Of Latino descent (at least one parent must be of Latino descent)
Please login to begin your scholarship profile and apply for a LADO Scholarship. If you have already created a profile, please login to update it.
1) Create a login.
2) Create/update your profile.
You will complete/update information in each of the groups listed below.
- Basic and Additional Info
- School Info
- Academic Info
- Supporting Material
- Activities, Awards, Employment
3) Reference section:
- Request Official Transcript from your High School Guidance Office or College/University. If your school cannot submit your official transcript online, please have them send the official transcript to you and you will be able to upload the transcript yourself.
- Request Financial Information from your parent or guardian or use your own financial information if you are an emancipated student.
- Request a Personal Reference from a person of your choice
4) Submit your application (Important final step):
Once you are matched to one of our scholarships in the "My Scholarships" section, you will need to answer the additional essay by clicking on "Essays" before you can submit your application.